Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Day: From Drab to Fab

Whelp, it has been 15 whole days since my last post and I figured I should try to scramble together a few stories and write another one.  Not a whole lot has happened in the past two weeks unfortunately, but there were a few small things. 
It was Presidents Day last week Monday which meant SPU had an extended weekend.  I thought SPU was pretty desolate on any given weekend but nothing, and I seriously mean NOTHING, compared to SPU during a long weekend.  There was not another soul besides mine left on campus.  I had a minor anxiety attack on Saturday when I came to the realization I would be all alone until Tuesday.  I was about two clicks away from purchasing a train ticket back home for a mere 30 hour visit.  I had to work Sunday until 2:30 am on Monday so I would leave Monday morning at 6:00am and come home Tuesday at 2:00p.m. for my class at 3:00.  I was desperate to be surrounded by people I loved; but I toughened up and soaked in the alone time I rarely get to myself.  This pretty much meant I moped around for the first few days then realized how much freedom I had.  That's right, I walked around my room naked after my showers just because I could. 
I also got to spend some time with a floor mate of mine, Elisabeth.  She is truly a gem.  If I ever need a compliment or some encouragement she is the go-to gal.  We giggled and laughed like little girls as we talked about our crushes, then she said something crazy.  SHE SAW LIL WAYNE AT THE GRAMMY'S.  I'm not sure what possessed her to keep this sacred information from me for so long since the Grammy's were like three weeks ago.  I was shocked with how cooley she brushed it off.  But lets think about this, it's not that abnormal to fly to California for a few days, see a bazillion celebrities and fly back to good ole Washington...OH WAIT.  Let's just say I'm a tad bit jealous.  Anyways, I'm glad God kept her here during the break because I desperately needed her company.
Flash forward to Thursday.  I woke up an hour and 22 minutes before my alarm went off.  I was a little grumpy at my body; partially for waking me up early but mainly because it was not a peaceful wake up.  I was uncomfortable and there was no way I would be able to doze off until my lovely alarm sounded.  So, I dragged myself out of bed and thought "hmmm at least I can take a nice hot shower to wake myself up, maybe I will even shave my legs!"  Unfortunately I would not get either of these two wishes.  I get to the bathroom and the good shower is taken.  I decide I will go to the shower/tub combo since this would be the easiest to shave in.  I started up the water and waited for the heat.  I waited, and waited, and waited even more; but THERE WAS NO HOT WATER!! This would mean I would have to relocate to the dungeon shower.  (say it ain't so!)  This is the shower I try to avoid at all cost because it is in the very back of the bathroom and none of the light rays reach all the way back there.  Plus, there are probably a few slimy creatures living in that moist vicinity.  I turn on the water, and like wise, I wait, and wait, and wait.  Nope, no hot water here either.  This day was not going well and it was only 9:48am.  I sucked it up and took a icy shower and no, I did not get to shave my legs.  I made my way back to my room shivering and pouting.  Finally, I got some good news.  My mother dearest sent me a text saying I will be receiving a check from the government for $354.00!!  Thank you tax returns!  The heavens opened up and the glory of God shined through the clouds.  This day was bound to be fabulous!  I did my normal get ready routine and I met up with my Robbins Peer Advisor Amanda.  We went to Greenlake and got fro-yo (frozen yogurt) from Zoeyogurt.  I love Amanda.  She sure is a great mamma bear even though I do not live under her nest anymore.  She paid for my delicious treat and we chatted for a while about our past quarter.  I cannot wait to see her again when I come down to visit and when she comes to Bellingham. 
All in all, my Thursday went from annoying and uncomfortable to cheery and uplifting and I owe it all to the government and my friends.  Well...maybe not so much the government since that money was well earned by me and they snatched it up at the first chance they got.  Any who, I am still grateful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment