Thursday, March 8, 2012

You may now live happily ever after

I love weddings.  I don't know what it is about them but they keep me smiling the whole day.  March 3rd was Kendra's(cousin) wedding day; which meant I had an excuse to take off work and head North to see the fam bam!  Although it was an extremely short trip I managed to see two love birds get hitched, attend the reception, and go shopping in between the two.
My day started off with my adorable nephew Noah being placed on my bed to wake me up.  I could not have asked for a better morning surprise!  I took a shower and began to get ready.  After all, weddings are a great place to meet the gentlemen :)
I decided I would curl my hair, put on one of my old tolo dresses, and look all snazzy since I would be the guestbook attendant.  That's right, I had a HUGE role in this wedding :P  Plus, with Kendra, it is go big or go home.  I knew I would not be overdressed, and I was right.
The wedding was beautiful.  Kendra did a great job of hiding the bright red carpet and turning the sanctuary into a wonderful forest-esque meadow. 
Just like every other wedding I have been to, I got teary-eyed.  I tried to do what the groom did and choke back the tears, although this was very difficult after feeling all the love squeezed into the room.  After the ceremony there was a four hour gap until the reception and I took advantage of the spare time.  I got into my granny car and drove to Bellingham to get a little shopping in!  I desperately missed the feel of driving into town whenever I wanted and the four hours I had alone was so peaceful.  I loved being back at home and it made me that much more excited to move back in a mere eight days.  I checked off all the items on my shopping list and headed to the reception hall.
Once at the reception, I found a seat by my cousins and then my Aunt asked if I would be in charge of getting the bridal party drinks through out the evening.  I, of course, said yes.  I did not know this would be an issue at the time, but the bridal party was sitting in an elevated section of the room so I would have to go up four steps to reach them.  I got the orders from the very handsome groomsmen and best man and began to go down the steps.  On about step two I began to feel a shift in gravity and I was being pulled back (typical right?).  I could feel myself losing control of my footing and flailed my arms a bit.  I heard some gasps coming from the bride BUT I caught myself-or I should say my elbow caught myself. 
I kissed goodbye the thought of making a good first impression to the groomsmen and any other cute onlookers.  Sometimes I really do despise my clumsiness, especially when it occurs in front of so many people at a classy event. I assured the guests around me I was alright and I only suffered from minor embarrassment.
Thankfully the night continued without any more spills.  It was filled with laughter, dancing, limbo, great speeches, and delicious food!  Not to mention there was a TON of kissing.  My family started this interesting tradition.  About an hour into the reception, if you want to see the bride and groom kiss you have to pay for it.  $1 will equal one second of kissing.  To start it off, one of my cousins gave $20.  It was pretty evident just by watching them, how excited Kendra and Jake were that they were getting paid to do something so enjoyable.  After the reception my Dad made it clear that at my wedding there would be a significantly less amount of PDA shown.  I doubt he will even let my groom "kiss the bride."  My Dad is so.....conservative.
My favorite part of the evening was the bouquet toss.  I am competitive and I was NOT letting any of the tiny girls get a hold of that bouquet.  There should have been a warning sent out that I will shove and get vicious if needed. 

Well, I caught the bouquet and you all know what that means :D I'm getting hitched next and I need a man!  I will be accepting applications via comments, email, facebook messages or comments.
All in all it was a perfect wedding filled with a blushing bride, a bruised elbow, handsome men, and love.  What more could be wanted?

No comments:

Post a Comment